What a whirlwind couple of weeks it has been!
I skipped my Sunday post this week and haven’t done a real recipe post in almost 2 weeks! Since then, we spent a weekend celebrating our anniversary (think lots of delicious food, including top tier of our cake!) and this past weekend we celebrated Adam and Sara’s wedding. It has been a fun year from their engagement, to the bachelorette party, and then the shower. The weekend was perfect night for the two of them and it was wonderful to see how in love they are.
Keeping up with baking has been a little tough given everything going on, but I managed to squeeze in this delicious no-bake dessert. Plus, I have baking to do almost every night this week. I’m especially excited about something I made last night, but you will have to wait a few days for that one;-)
But I digress… tonight’s dessert is the perfect way to honor the official start of summer! These bars are a play on cookie dough ice cream. I’ve always loved cookie dough ice cream, but there is just never enough cookie dough to go around. I may be known to pick all the cookie dough out of the carton only to be left with a melted mess of vanilla ice cream. The beauty of these bars is that you get all the good stuff in every bite, chocolate chip cookie dough, vanilla bean ice cream and chocolate.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Bars
- 1 batch prepared chocolate chip cookie dough (recipe below)
- 3 cups vanilla bean ice cream
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cover prepared cookie dough layer with vanilla ice cream; cover and freeze for an hour
- Once ice cream is frozen, place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl
- Melt chocolate in microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in-between
- When chocolate is melted, spread evenly over ice cream layer, cover and re-freeze for an hour or until ready to serve
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons milk (I use skim)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- To Make the Cookie Dough:
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy
- Mix in milk
- Gradually mix in flour and salt
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Press into a 9×9 pan lined with wax paper
Cookie Dough recipe adapted from these brownies
I have to admit, these busy summer days away from the computer are refreshing. What’s keeping you busy this summer?