Mini cookies loaded with M&Ms. These are the perfect party cookie!
Now that I’m thinking about a special someone’s first birthday, I’m fully focused on what his first sweet treat should be and what kinds of sweets we will have at his party. I change my mind constantly going back and forth on different ideas, but thought that having a variety of mini cookies at the celebration would be fun.
The first recipe I decided to try out was this Mini M&M Cookie recipe. They are made from a pretty fabulous brown-sugar based cookie dough that bakes up so nicely. Usually I find that a larger cookie is best for maximizing texture quality, but this dough really worked well this way. Crispy edges? Check. Chewy middle? Check. Sweet and delicious? You bet!
- 262g (~2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 5g (1 teaspoon) salt
- 3g (½ teaspoon) baking soda
- 170g (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 350g (~1½ cups, packed) light brown sugar
- 15 milliliters / 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 75g (~1 large egg + 1 yolk) eggs at room temperature
- 170g (~1½ cups) mini M&Ms
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; set aside
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar until well-combined
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until a mixture is a light creamy color
- Reduce speed to low and stir in flour mixture (do not overmix)
- Fold in M&Ms
- Chill dough in refrigerator for 24-48 hours for best texture and flavor results
- Once dough has chilled, pre-heat oven to 325 degrees; cover baking sheets with parchment paper
- Scoop cookie dough with small cookie dough scoop (~1 teaspoons) onto prepared baking sheets
- Bake cookies ~10 minutes or until brown around good portion of edges
- Set aside to cool
- Texture of cookies best within 24 hours; cookies can be enjoyed up to one week at room temperature or one month frozen if stored in an air-tight container