Chewy cookies loaded with dried cranberries and white chocolate chips then coated with layers of MORE white chocolate AND pistachios.
Last week I needed a dessert to use as a thank you gift and wanted something pretty and portable. Cookies are always great for that sort of thing but this time I felt like jazzing mine up. I started with a brown sugar cookie dough base, loaded them up with white chocolate and cranberries (always a good sweet and tart flavor combination) and then dipped them in more white chocolate. The addition of pistachios was key for a bit of salt and a nice little crunch. Who needs sprinkles when pistachios are pretty AND add flavor?!
I’ll definitely be keeping this recipe up my sleeve when it comes time for holiday baking. Maybe I’ll even swap in fresh cranberries when the season permits!
- 262g (~2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 5g (1 teaspoon) salt
- 3g (½ teaspoon) baking soda
- 170g (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 350g (~1½ cups, packed) light brown sugar
- 15 milliliters / 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 75g (~1 large egg + 1 yolk) eggs at room temperature
- 175g (~1 cup) white chocolate chips
- 120g (~3/4 cup) dried cranberries
- 450g good quality white chocolate in disks or roughly chopped
- 75g (~1/2 cup) salted pistachios in a mix of finely chopped and crumbs
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; set aside
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar until well-combined
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until a mixture is a light creamy color
- Reduce speed to low and stir in flour mixture (do not overmix)
- Fold in craisins and chips
- Chill dough in refrigerator for 24-48 hours for best texture and flavor results
- Once dough has chilled, pre-heat oven to 325 degrees; cover baking sheets with parchment paper
- Scoop cookie dough with large cookie dough scoop (~3 tablespoons) onto prepared baking sheets
- Bake large cookies 16-18 minutes or until brown around good portion of edges
- Set aside to cool and lay out wax or parchment paper for when you dip your cookies
- Once cookies have cooled, melt your white chocolate for dipping; place it in a heat-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in-between each, until melted
- One at a time, dip half of a cookie into white chocolate and immediately sprinkle with pistachio crumbs
- Place cookies on wax or parchment paper and allow white chocolate to harden before serving or wrapping as a gift
Make something from the blog? Be sure to share it on Instagram with the tag #KeepItSweetDesserts.
You might also like:
Whipped Caramelized White Chocolate Ganache
Cranberry Chocolate Chunk Brown Butter Cookies
OH. MY. GOODNESS. These cookies look divine! Cherry, chocolate, pistachio! This is a deadly combo! YUMMYLICIOUS!
Thank you so much for the sweet comment!
Love the white chocolate dip and pistachio dusting! So yummy!
Thank you so much, Lauren!
I think it’s also fair to mention that with pistachios AND dried cranberries, these are practically breakfast food (in my book).
Mmmm those sound scrumptious! The pistachio dusting is so pretty, great idea :D
Thank you, June!