An easy cookie to make with the wonderful flavor of meyer lemons.
Today we are celebrating sweet Caroline’s second virtual baby shower! I adore Caroline and am happy to help her celebrate the birth of baby number two!
Today’s shower theme is citrus (one of Caroline’s current cravings!) and I just had to go with the sweet and tart flavors of meyer lemons. They are only around for a couple of months so it’s fun to take advantage of them for baking. I have a couple extras and may have to put together a cocktail or two as well;-)
These cookies are nice and crips around the edges with a buttery chewy center. There is just enough meyer lemon flavor without overpowering the cookies at all!
*Scroll down to see the other citrus treats*
- 227g (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 150g (~3/4 cup) granulated sugar
- 120g (3/4 cup) powdered sugar, sifted
- ½ tablespoon grated meyer lemon zest (~1 lemon)
- 29 milliliters / 2 tablespoons meyer lemon juice (~2 lemons)
- 15 milliliters / 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½g (1/2 teaspoon) salt
- 265g (~2 cups) all-purpose flour, sifted
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or slipat; set aside
- Cream butter and sugars with lemon zest until light and fluffy
- Add lemon juice, vanilla and salt and beat until well combined
- Stir in flour
- Scoop with a medium cookie dough scoop (2 tablespoons each) onto prepared cookie sheets about 2 inches apart
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until very light brown around the edges
- Allow cookies to cool on cooling rack
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature up to one week or in the freezer for up to two months
See what else is being shared for the shower!
- Mini Lemon Curd Tarts from Texanerin Baking
- Lemon Yogurt Baked Donuts with Chocolate Drizzle from The Lemon Bowl
- Berry Tart with Lime Glaze from Katie’s Cucina
- Super Soft Clementine Sugar Cookies from The Comfort of Cooking
- Grapefruit Salad with Avocado, Honey and Mint from Eating Made Easy
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins from Oh, Sweet Basil
- Meyer Lemon Poppy Seed Pull-Apart Muffins from Eats Well With Others
- Flourless Dark Chocolate Orange Brownies from Sweet Treats and More
- Quinoa Granola Parfaits with Grapefruit & Mint from Climbing Grier Mountain
- Orange Pecan French Toast from The Baker Mama
- Creamy Lemon Pasta from Barefeet In The Kitchen
- Meyer Lemon Shortbread Cookies from Keep It Sweet Desserts
I want some of those buttery, chewy centers! Yum. They really look like they have the best texture! I’ve never had Meyer lemons but I’m intrigued with all the posts I see using them.
Thanks, Erin! And thank you again for putting the shower together!
All of the meyer lemon and buttery goodness wrapped up into one cookie!? These are amazing, Lauren. You are also amazing, managing to hop in the kitchen while taking care of that sweet little Liam of yours. Thank you so much for thinking of me with this baby shower! I can’t believe we’ll be meeting this new baby so soon! :) Stay warm up there in NY this week!
Thanks, Caroline:-) I really am so happy and excited for you. Any day now!!!
I recently visited a Meyer lemon farm and came home with a huge bag of Meyer lemons but without an agenda. I’ll be making these cookies for sure!! Yum!!
I didn’t even know that meyer lemon farms existed, so cool!
Be still my lemon loving heart!! <3
Love lemon cookies and these look so so yummy! Simple and sweet is the best when it comes to cookies!
Love that we’ve both had meyer lemons on the brain! These cookies are everything I’m craving at the moment…and more.
Nice cookies. I love lemon. Now Im going to check out the other recipes. Congrats Caroline!
I love shortbread cookies and meyer lemon flavors are perfect in desserts. So much yum! :)