Today’s guest post is from Madison, a blogger that I’ve been virtual friends with for years now. We even got to meet over dinner a few years ago! She has her own little one due at the end of this winter (a wonderful miracle that you should read about). Visit her blog and take a look at some of my favorite recipes she has posted (Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas, Classic Apple Pie with an Ultra Flaky Crust, and Peanut Butter Toffee Cookies).
Hi, Keep It Sweet readers! I’m so excited that Lauren asked me to share a recipe with you while she is enjoying some much-deserved time with her new little one! Lauren and I have been blog friends almost as long as our blogs have been around and I couldn’t be happier for Lauren and Matt as they journey into parenthood.
It’s a little intimidating to share a desert recipe on Lauren’s site. That girl can bake! I think her blondies are my husband’s all-time favorite dessert. But I’m going to give it a go anyway!
The recipe that I’m sharing with you today, Fluffernutter Mini Pies, is a scaled-down dessert that makes just four small pies and can be whipped together in no time. I find that having too many sweets in the house is a recipe for disaster since my willpower is just not that strong, so sometimes it’s nice to have something that makes just a few servings.
I didn’t grow up on the marshmallow crème and peanut butter combination known as fluffernutter, but I’ve come to love the combo as an adult. These pies combine cream cheese, peanut butter and marshmallow crème into an easy pie filling. Not into mini desserts? Just double the filling amount and use a regular pie shell and you’re good to go for larger groups. Enjoy!
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup marshmallow crème
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 4 miniature graham cracker crust pie shells
- Salted peanuts and miniature marshmallows for garnishing
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whisk heavy cream and vanilla until firm peaks form. Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl and set aside.
- With your electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, peanut butter, marshmallow crème and powdered sugar until smooth. Gently fold in the whipped cream until evenly combined.
- Spoon or pipe mixture into the prepared pie shells. Garnish mini pies with the peanuts and miniature marshmallows and refrigerate at least 1 hour or until mixture is firm and set.
Madison Mayberry Hofmeyer is a wife to Joe and food editor (yes, that’s a real job!) for The Betty Crocker Kitchens living in Edina. They are expecting their first baby in March who will join their two fur babies, dogs Nutmeg and Pippa. Madison blogs about all things food and life over at Espresso and Cream.
Make something from the blog? Be sure to share it on Instagram with the tag #KeepItSweetDesserts.
You might also like:
Peanut Butter S’mores Parfaits
Peanut Butter Caramel Candy Cups
It’s a good thing these are mini because a full one would be dangerous for me!!
Now these are some cute pies! I love the peanut butter and mallow combo…totally a throwback to my childhood!
I love anything mini in size. This means I get to have more, right?
Oh my gosh, I would not be able to only eat one!
aw it’s so nice to meet Madison!! These little pies are out of this world amazing-I loooove fluffernutter anything!
These may be small, but dang they really are delicious! Thanks for the recipe.. :D