This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweetenTheSeason #CollectiveBias #ad
Rich, fudgy and ultra chocolatey cookies with melted marshmallows taste like the best cup of hot cocoa you’ve ever had!
It’s no secret that I love baking cookies, especially for the holidays. While I don’t bake and ship thousands of cookies to customers anymore, I still go through many, many batches to give as gifts and bring to parties. Holiday season is cookie season!
Since I like to do a lot of baking throughout the holidays, it helps to have some good go-to recipes that are fairly easy (none of that messy rolling dough, etc.) and exceptionally delicious. It’s even better when I can find some inexpensive ingredients (thanks, Walmart!) that happen to come together to make an ultra rich and satisfying cookie. And this Hot Cocoa Cookie is all that and more. In fact, quite a few people said it was the “best” cookie they’d ever had.
(Just an aside, I had to go to Walmart TWICE to get the ingredients I needed because the first time I actually FORGOT my wallet. Each time, I was happy to find all of the baking ingredients conveniently set up for holiday baking.)
These cookies start with a lot of chocolate (BAKER’S Unsweetened Chocolate and BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate), almost a full POUND in one batch. Then they are finished with more chocolate (chips) and JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows. The cookies are super fudgy and the ultimate chocolate experience. Imagine the best hot chocolate you’ve ever had, not the kind from the packet, the kind where you are basically drinking liquid heaven, and then transform that hot chocolate into a cookie.
- 113g (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 170g (6 ounces) BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, roughly chopped
- 200g (7 ounces) BAKER'S Unsweetened Chocolate, roughly chopped
- 160g (~1 cup + 3 tablespoons) all-purpose flour
- 2g (3/4 teaspoon) baking powder
- 2g (1/2 teaspoon salt)
- 150g (~3 large whole) eggs at room temperature
- 215g (~1 cup) granulated sugar
- 235g (~1 cup, packed) light brown sugar
- 10 milliliters / 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 200g (~1 cup) milk chocolate chips
- 100g (1½ cups) JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees; line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside
- Place semi-sweet and unsweetened chocolate with butter in a microwave-safe bowl
- Microwave the ingredients for a minute and stir; microwave again for 30-second increments until everything is almost melted; stir the remaining lumps until smooth (alternatively, you can melt the butter and chocolate in a heavy duty pop over medium heat stirring constantly); set aside
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, and salt) and set aside
- In the large bowl of a stand mixer, combine eggs, sugars and vanilla; beat on high speed for about 5 minutes or until mixture is light and pale in color
- Reduce the speed of your mixer and add in melted chocolate
- When that is well-combined, stir in flour mixture but do not over-mix; stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows
- Use a large cookie dough scoop and place dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, 1-2 inches apart;
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes and set aside on a wire rack to cool
Store cookies at room temperature up to 5 days in a ziplock bag or freeze for up to two months; separate layers of cookies with parchment paper to avoid sticking
Be sure to visit your local Walmart for your own holiday baking inspiration!
Make something from the blog? Be sure to share it on Instagram with the tag #KeepItSweetDesserts.
You might also like:
Smoked Sea Salt Chocolate Fudge Caramel Cookies
These look delicious- perfect for a holiday party! [client]
Thank you so much!
YAAAAAS! Do rich and chocolatey—I feel like these would warm me up just as well as a mug of hot cocoa :D
Oh wow! These look perfect!
Thank you, Erin!
These sound soooo good!!
Thank you so much!
I would love to have a couple of these cookies to go with my coffee right now! They look delicious!
Thank you, Christine!
These look so yummy for a holiday party.
Thank you, Joanna!