Rich dark chocolate candy cups filled with crème de menthe buttercream and crushed oreos.
I’m not feeling all that great today so I’m going to keep this short. These candy cups will kind of win over anyone who loves a little 2-bite treat. My mom, while a buttercream lover, isn’t usually a fan of mint desserts and loved these. I’m currently coming up with many excuses to make other versions and flavors.
Plus, I actually had some extra buttercream in the freezer so these were super easy to make. Plus they are cute. Plus you can pop one in your mouth whenever you have a sweet tooth. Plus they are killer for chocolate cravings.
- 227 ounces good quality dark chocolate (I used 72%), roughly chopped
- 7g (1/2 tablespoon) unsalted butter
- 1 cup Crème de Menthe Buttercream
- ¾ cup finely crushed Oreos (from 6 Oreos)
- Line a mini muffin pan with 12 tin foil cupcake wrappers and set aside
- Place chocolate and butter in a medium microwave safe bowl; melt by microwaving the chocolate and butter in 30-second increments and stirring in-between
- Use a teaspoon to coat the bottom of each cup with melted chocolate; place muffin pan in fridge
- Combine buttercream with Oreo crumbs in an electric mixer with paddle attachment or with a spoon
- Remove pan from fridge and pipe buttercream into center of each cup (about 1 tablespoon)
- Spoon melted chocolate over buttercream and around edges so that coated on all sides
- Chill for one hour in refrigerator before serving; store in refrigerator up to one week