No need to turn on the oven for this pie! The no-bake pie includes a thick graham cracker crust, luscious cream cheese layer and homemade blueberry pie filling.
I don’t really think of myself as a pie person. My sister? She loves pie. My dad, too. I like pies a lot, but don’t get all that excited about them too often. However, I have a history with this blueberry pie (it pretty much blows every other pie out of the water). This summer I decided to make a no-bake version. It simplifies things and adds a nice item to the “don’t-have-to-turn-on-your-oven” repertoire. Traditional pie crust fans, I’m sorry. But to the rest of us who are all about the filling anyway, the graham cracker crust is still a great compliment to this perfect specimen of a fruit filling.
- 180g (1 ½ cups) finely ground graham cracker crumbs (10-11 full sheets)
- 55g (¼ cup) granulated sugar
- 85g (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 113g light or regular cream cheese, at room temperature
- 41g (3 tablespoons) granulated sugar
- 15 milliliters (1 tablespoon) heavy cream
- 2 milliliters (½ teaspoon) vanilla extract
- 165g (3/4 cup) granulated sugar
- 25g (3 tablespoons) cornstarch
- 1g (1/4 teaspoon) salt
- 570g (4 cups) blueberries, separated in half (if you can, group the best looking blueberries together, you will want to cook the blueberries that aren’t “perfect”)
- 60 milliliters (¼ cup) water
- 15 milliliters (1 tablespoon) fresh lemon juice (from ~1/2 lemon)
- 14g (1 tablespoon) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- Prepare pie crust; in a medium bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter
- Press crust ingredients down with your hands into a 9-inch pie plate
- Place crust in refrigerator and make cream cheese layer and filling
- In the bowl of a stand mixer use whisk attachment to combine ingredients until creamy, light and smooth; set aside and prepare blueberry pie filling
- In a medium heavy duty pot, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt; add half of the blueberries and water
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until blueberry mixture turns thickens and turns a very dark purple; this will take several minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and butter
- Fold in remaining blueberries
- Assemble the pie; remove crust from refrigerator and spread cream cheese layer evenly over top; gently spread blueberry filling into pie, making sure to keep cream cheese layer intact
- Chill in refrigerator at least one hour before serving and store leftovers in refrigerator; serve at room temperature
I love pie, too, but I love even more that you don’t have to bake this one!!
I am so in love with this, especially the cream cheese layer!
To be fair, I love pie. But I LOOOOVVEEE graham cracker crusts. You’ve done good.
I love pie and no bake pie sounds so perfect right about now!
I love this idea of no bake pie!! Perfect for hot summers!