These Chocolate Chip Muffins are easy to whip up and make the perfect sweet treat for weekend breakfasts or holiday brunch.
I made these muffins a few weeks ago and actually froze a few to bring with us to the shore this past weekend. My grandfather kept raving about the “best cupcake” he has ever had. That cupcake was actually this muffin. The basic recipe is so simple which makes the fact that he loved them even better.
In fact, the recipe came from Lauren’s e-cookbook, Everyday Ingredients Extraordinary Meals. Her book is full of beautiful photos and delicious recipes. Many of them are easy meals and simple desserts. It is family-friendly and reflective of the personality you come to love from her blog. Recipes like fail-proof pizza dough, birthday cupcakes, and and My Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll (ahem, DYING to try that), give it a level of comfort and hominess. Other notable recipes include Lemon Cheesecake Crème Brule Bars and Chocolate Cream Pie. There are family friendly meals as well, but you know me and my sweet tooth. And good news for all of you! Lauren is offering to give a copy of her e-book to one of you! (See end of post for giveaway details).
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup fat free plain greek yogurt
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9¼ ounces (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 5⅝ ounces (3/4 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees; line a regular sized muffin pan with paper liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (milk through vanilla) and set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk dry ingredients (flour through baking soda); form a well in center of dry ingredients and pour wet ingredients into the well
- Stir just until combined
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Distribute batter evenly in muffin pan and bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from center
- Allow to cool for five minutes before carefully removing muffins from pan; best served immediately
- Leftovers can be stored in an air-tight container at room temperature for a couple of days or in freezer for a few weeks
a Rafflecopter giveaway