Chewy brown butter blondies bursting with fresh blueberries and dark chocolate chunks.
I guess I’m on a blondie bender. Is that a thing? After this recipe, I made a monster batch of my famous KISD blondies for a friend, last week I ran into the kitchen to make this new recipe and then I actually doubled it to make it again for a crowd but swapped cherries for the blueberries.
Oh brown butter. I made a brown butter blueberry cookie last summer and loved them so much I just knew this blondie would be good. And if my lack of self-control immediately after taking pictures of the blondies is any indication, the recipe is seriously good. It’s a good thing I brought a few to a friend because otherwise I would have eaten the entire batch that day.
*This post has been edited to include the recipe*
- 112 grams / 4 ounces (1/2 cup / 1 stick) unsalted butter
- 350 grams / 12⅜ ounces (~1½ cups packed) light brown sugar
- 200 grams / 7 ounces (~1½ cups) all-purpose flour
- 8 grams (1 teaspoon) salt
- 3 grams (1/2 teaspoon) baking powder
- 110 grams / 3⅞ ounces (2 large) whole eggs
- 5 milliliters (1 teaspoon) vanilla extract
- 112 grams / 4 ounces (~3/4 cup) dark chocolate chunks
- 100 grams / 3½ ounces (~3/4 cup) fresh blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees; line an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, brown the butter (stir butter constantly until it turns an amber/light brown color) and remove from heat
- Whisk in sugar until well combined and set aside
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking powder; set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and vanilla; whisk in butter and sugar mixture
- Whisk in flour mixture until almost combined and then fold in any remaining crumbs with a spatula
- Fold in chocolate and blueberries until evenly distributed throughout batter
- Pour into prepared baking pan
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean
- Set aside to cool before cutting
These look so good! I love brown butter but never think to add it to baked goods. I really need to…
Brown butter is perfect no matter what, but yes, start baking with it immediately!
A blondie bender is the best kind of bender to be on! At least in my opinion. Love that these are brown butter AND blueberry stuffed! The two best B’s.
Yum love the addition of blueberries for a fresh sweet hit!
Blueberries in with cookies? Let alone cookie bars? I must be living under a rock!! Gimme please!
Yes, do it now!
I added butterscotch chips to this and it was one of the best desserts I’ve ever made but I went back and now the link doesn’t work!!!!!
Do you know where I can get the recipe still?
Thank you so much for the nice comment, Cassie. I’m going to try to get that recipe up on my site this week!
The recipe is now included in the post!