Last weekend I had lots of plans for vegetables.
Vegetables and chocolate cake (random, I know).
But then I got caught up on Recipe Girl’s collection of chocolate chip recipes.
And got busy with the Brown Eyed Baker’s Salted Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies.
Oh yes, and I went a little crazy with Peeps.
So vegetables took a backseat, chocolate cake didn’t seem as exciting, and cookies became the new black.
And then I decided to make a third variation of cookies for the weekend.
Thank you, Recipe Girl for inspiration. I adapted her cookie recipe for my own version of Spiked Mocha Chip Cookies.
These cookies are light but chewy and have a strong mocha flavor with a hint of liqueur in the background. They were very easy to make and I can see making them for a party to add something unique to the cookie platters.
Stir in dry ingredients
Stir in chocolate chips and then chill dough in refrigerator for two hours
Meanwhile, pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
Place dough on baking sheets lined with parchment paper with a cookie dough scoop or by the tablespoon
Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are lightly firm to the touch
Spiked Mocha Chip Cookies
Adapted from Recipe Girl
Yield: ~4 dozen cookies
- 2 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, tightly packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Whisk together dry ingredients and set aside
- Combine butter and sugars in a mixer on high speed until light and fluffy
- Add eggs, vanilla and coffee liqueur and mix until well-combined
- Stir in dry ingredients
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Chill dough in refrigerator for two hours
- Meanwhile, pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Place dough on baking sheets lined with parchment paper with a cookie dough scoop or by the tablespoon
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are lightly firm to the touch
*Congratulations to Katie (comment 6) who said “I am a fan on Facebook!” for winning the Hot Blondies giveaway! Look for an email from me with details.*
Did you ever get caught up in an accidental cookie baking marathon?