I have to tell you, the pictures don’t do this dessert justice. Whoever has tips for taking pictures of ice cream please send them my way!
So lately I haven’t been showing enough love to my two favorite food groups: peanut butter and ice cream
What, those aren’t food groups? Could have fooled me!
Does peanut butter combined with chocolate make up a food group?
Protein, healthy fats, antioxidants? Am I close?
Oh well, because you know what, when it comes to dessert you just have to enjoy what you love. Personally, I’m good at that…
…just need to work on eating one slice, one scoop or one cookie and being satisfied. I’ll get there one day.
But in the meantime, send over some self-restraint so that I don’t eat this entire Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie in one sitting
To make the crust, grind up about 8 Nutter Butters in a food processor until fine
Add melted butter and stir to combine
Press crust mixture into a prepared 9-inch springform pan
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until crust darkens around the edges and allow crust to cool
When ready, layer half of chocolate ice cream over crust
Next cover the entire layer with large peanut butter cups
Then, cover peanut butter cup layer completely with chocolate ice cream (shh I ran out of peanut butter cups); Freeze until ready to serve
Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Pie
Yield: Serves 12
- 1 1/4 cups Nutter Butter crumbs (about 8 cookies)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 quarts your favorite chocolate ice cream or frozen yogurt (I used Edyâ€™s slow churned)
- 24 large peanut butter cups
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray, set aside
- To make the crust, grind up about 8 Nutter Butters in a food processor until fine; add melted butter and stir to combine
- Press mixture into prepared pan
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until crust darkens around the edges and allow crust to cool
- When ready, layer half of chocolate ice cream over crust
- Layer peanut butter cups over ice cream and then cover them with remaining ice cream
If you could create a new food group, what would it be?
Cute & lovely sweet delights ! Wish you a Happy New Year 2012. Cheers !