Creamy pumpkin ice cream with huge chunks of pumpkin sandwich cookies. You don’t need an ice cream maker for this fun fall treat!
The other week I picked up a bunch of fun fall treats from Trader Joe’s and Target. When I got home, I set them on my counter and said, “inspire me”.
And while this move usually works pretty well with me, I ended up with a million ideas that just didn’t seem interesting enough. But then I thought, what do I always like to make and eat? Ice cream, obviously. And thanks to a few big can’s of pumpkin and some pumpkin sandwich cookies (you can find Oreo and Trader Joe’s versions), a new no churn ice cream was born.
This no churn ice cream recipe is so easy to make (as usual). It starts with the typical whipped cream and sweetened condensed milk combo but is enhanced with canned, pumpkin, a couple of different spices and huge chunks of cookies. Fall ice cream for the win! And if you are smart, you might just stock up on your pumpkin sandwich cookies so you can make this all year round.
And just so you know, some things I bake for the blog and give away or use for entertaining. This ice cream? I ate the whole batch myself. I’m not sure if that should be embarrassing or not.
- 475 milliliters (2 cups) heavy cream
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk (I used fat free, but any type would work)
- 160g (2/3 cup) canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 10 milliliters (2 teaspoons) vanilla extract
- 2g (3/4 teaspoon) ground cinnamon
- ½g (1/4 teaspoon) ground nutmeg
- 218g (~2 cups) chopped pumpkin sandwich cookies (14 cookies)
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer with whisk attachment, beat cream on high speed for several minutes, just until stiff peaks form
- While whipping cream, in a separate large bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Once cream is ready, fold it into sweetened condensed milk mixture; stir in cookies
- Pour ice cream into a regular-sized loaf pan; wrap well with seran wrap or tin foil
- Freeze for 10 hours or overnight before serving
Make something from the blog? Be sure to share it on Instagram with the tag #KeepItSweetDesserts.
This post contains affiliate links.
You might also like:
Pumpkin Cinnamon Bun Ice Cream
Pumpkin & Ginger Ice Cream Sandwich Cookie Cake
Holy heck yes! I need to go to TJ’s asap, and to get their pumpkin speculoos cookie butter. And hey I remember that ice cream sandwich cookie cake O:-)
I really do need to try your no-churn ice creams one of these days since I’m far too lazy to pull out the ice cream maker and/or remember to put the bowl in the freezer. Love this fall flavor!