These sweet and salty dessert bars are packed with an Oreo crust, chocolate, pretzels and salted caramel. You won’t believe how easy these are to make.
Of all the salted caramel recipes I’ve made, these are by far the most dangerous.
The first time I made them, Matt joked about how ugly they were and then we proceeded to devour the pan…. warm with ice cream.
But a few days later, after they had disappeared, I decided that I simply must make them again because it just wouldn’t be fair to you if I didn’t share the recipe. Let’s not talk about how much of both batches I inhaled. Sweet and salty recipes just do it for me.
When I decided that January was going to be Salted Caramel Month, I wanted to make some spin on the ever famous Seven Layer Bars / Magic bars / Hello Dolly Bars. These are quite different from that but conceptually the building blocks are the same. Oreos instead of graham crackers, salted caramel instead of sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips and pretzel pieces to replace the other toppings you may be used to (you know how I feel about coconut… just no). Once you have your caramel, they are super easy to put together… and just as easy to eat!
- 8 ounces (~2 cups / 20 cookies) finely crushed Oreos
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8½ ounces (~1¼) cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces (~1½ cups) salted pretzel pieces
- 1 cup salted caramel
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees; spray a 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside
- In a medium bowl, combine Oreo crumbs and melted butter; press mixture down evenly into prepared baking dish
- Pour about half of chocolate chips over crust
- Combine pretzel pieces and salted caramel, pour mixture over chocolate chip layer
- Pour remaining chocolate chips over top of bars
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until caramel is bubbling around edges and bars appear set
- Allow to cool before slicing
- Store leftover bars covered at room temperature up to four days
Make something from the blog? Be sure to share it on Instagram with the tag #KeepItSweetDesserts.
You might also like:
Oreo, Peanut Butter Cup, Chocolate Chunk Cookies
No-Bake Rice Krispie Toffee Fudge Candy Bars
Big, Chewy, Sweet and Salty Peanut Butter Cookies
I feel like these are almost TOOOOO easy to put together. In a “let-me-make-these-every-week-forever” kind of way.
OOOOohhhhh. I just drooled!
These look so yummy! Pretzels and chocolate are my weakness!
these look SOOO dangerous like….aghh I would devour this in seconds!!!
All these salted caramel desserts are driving me crazy!!! Now I need to add this to the to-bake list!
Ughhh, I can’t even. These are wedding diet approved, right?
I really need to start using pretzels more in desserts – that salty kick is so good!!
Oh wow I can only imagine how awesome these would be warm with ice cream, smart man.
That looks delicious and it sounds so easy!!!
These sound incredible! I would love one with a scoop of ice cream!
Definitely dangerous! (and too amazing) :)
Salted caramel and oreos? Two of my favorites…Count me in! These bars sound dangerous! Pinned! :)