1 week. 7 days. Some amount of hours that does not feel like enough.
That’s how much time there is until Thanksgiving. Don’t get me wrong, I’m so excited for the holiday, but boy did things get crazy really fast! It seems like just yesterday I was in the summer lull and just like that I’m organizing and delegating (SO thankful for family members who like to help!) for Thanksgiving dinner all the while coordinating hundreds of corporate orders to go out over the next 30 or so days.
My current mantra: do anything and everything possible ahead of time. If I had the space, I’d have all of my UPS boxes made and piled for the mass exodus that will be taking place in the form of Fudgy Caramel Pecan Brownies. I’ve even started chopping the gazillion pounds of chocolate that will be transformed into Peppermint Mocha Cookies, Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Triple Chocolate Cookies and so on. I actually thought I was so smart to pull out the food processor to help but when it started to smell like fire I decided that chopping would be my arm workout for the day. If there is one added benefit to being super busy that I didn’t expect, it would be the fact that I don’t actually have to workout because this job can be extremely physically demanding.
Anyway, back to my main point, getting ahead. I have a gazillion amazing desserts planned for our Thanksgiving dinner (between my mom and I there might be more desserts than people), but I’m definitely trying to get some done in advance and sneak them into my day when I have a few free moments. That is where these No-Bake Rice Krispie Toffee Fudge Candy Bars come in! They took almost no time to make (oh, except for that chopped chocolate that you know I love…), and once they are done you can stick them in the freezer until the day you want to eat them. Not all holiday desserts have to be complicated!
- 6½ ounces milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1½ ounces bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 5 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, sliced
- 5½ cups Rice Krispies
- ½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup toffee bits
- Line a 13x9 baking pan with tin foil and set aside
- Pour Rice Krispies into a large bowl and set aside
- In a medium saucepan, melt together chopped chocolates (not chips), corn syrup and butter, stirring constantly until combined
- Remove from heat and pour over Rice Krispies; use a spatula to combine
- Add chocolate chips and toffee bits and combine
- Spread mixture into lined pan and pack down using the back of the spatula
- Cover pan and place in refrigerator to chill for at least four hours
- Once chilled, remove foil from pan and slice into squares to serve
- Store tightly in a cool place up to two days or wrap and freeze until the day of
If making these gluten-free, check that all of your ingredients are specifically marked as such.
Make something from the blog? Be sure to share it onInstagram with the tag #KeepItSweetDesserts.
Looking for other EASY desserts to add to your holiday menu?