Rice Krispie treats are all grown up with the addition of salted caramel and a rich mocha ganache. Make this special treat for Super Bowl or your next gathering and watch the Rice Krispie treats disappear!
Last Monday we talked the how-tos on making salted caramel. Just a few ingredients and no thermometer; the basics really aren’t that hard. Now that we have that covered, I figured you could use some new recipes for the salted caramel that you won’t want to stop making (and eating).
These sweet and salty rice krispie treats are a fun and easy no-bake treat to make. They might be the perfect pick-up treat for the Super Bowl in a few weeks. The salted caramel krispie treat base is slightly gooey so they are best stored in the refrigerator. The mocha ganache is rich and really makes them something special. I liked them with and without the ganache topping, though.
- 10 ounces dark chocolate (I used 70%), coarsely chopped
- 4 fluid ounces cup extra-strong brewed coffee (4 fluid ounces hot water + 1 heaping
- teaspoon + of instant coffee)
- 5 ounces (10 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature and sliced
- 1½ ounces (3 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1 10-ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 6 fluid ounces (3/4 cup) salted caramel sauce
- 7 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Flaky sea salt for sprinkling
- Set up a double boiler; bring water to a simmer in medium pot over
- low-medium heat
- Place heat-proof bowl of chocolate over the pot
- Pour the coffee over chocolate
- Continuously stir until chocolate is melted and smooth
- Remove bowl from heat and whisk in the butter until creamy
- Set ganache aside to cool, stirring occasionally
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish with butter or non-stick cooking spray; set aside
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted
- Remove from heat and stir in caramel sauce until well combined
- Stir in Rice Krispies
- Use a greased spatula to press mixture down into prepared baking dish
- Spread mocha ganache evenly over top of treats and sprinkle with flaky sea salt
- Chill in refrigerator for one hour or until set
- Cut and serve; leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in refrigerator up to one week
Make something from the blog? Be sure to share it onInstagram with the tag #KeepItSweetDesserts.
You might also like:
White Chocolate Cinnamon Bun Rice Krispie Treats
Rice Kripie Toffee Fudge Candy Bars
Actually, I DO have a superbowl party that I’m being dragged to (forcibly, against my will)…and these would definitely be a crowd-pleaser among the.boy’s friends!
Definitely a special treat! I might not be able to wait for the Superbowl to make them :)
Plain rice krispie treats will never be the same for me again! Super bowl party is TBD, but who needs to wait for game day to seek their teeth into this caramel-chocolate-mocha goodness?
Words can’t describe how delicious these look! Or maybe they can: double yum :-)
Rice krispies are already like crack and now thinking about them with salted caramel has me swooning.
Love the sound of this mocha ganache! So good!
Oh goodness, such a good combination of flavours especially with that mocha ganache in there too!
Wow. I have zero interest in the Super Bowl, but I’d watch it to get one or two of these.
A definite touchdown!!
With that delicious mocha ganache topping?! Seriously?!!
I just might not share! LOL!!
salted chocolate and ganache and rice krispies are involved. That’s all I need to know! <3!