Rich brownies with chunks of Oreos and a cheesecake swirl.
Updated October 2015.
When I saw this recipe on Annie’s Blog, I knew I had to make it for Matt’s birthday. It combines Oreos and cream cheese, 2 of his favorite dessert elements. Plus, these are the perfect pick-up dessert for a day of guys watching football and eating chips and wings. Oreo Cream Cheese Brownies it was.
I made very few changes to the original recipe, and they turned out really delicious. There was only 1 brownie left on the plate by the time the guys left our apartment. Next time I will definitely double the recipe as suggested.
I chopped my Oreos in a food processor leaving big chunks for a nice surprise when you bite into a brownie. I used extra Oreos because, well, why not?
- 227g (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 318g (1½ cups) granulated sugar
- 197g (1½ cups all-purpose flour)
- 105g (1¼ cups) unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 3g ½ teaspoon salt
- 220g (4 large) whole eggs at room temperature
- 118 milliliters (1/2 cup) whole milk
- 375g (5 cups) chopped Oreos (~32 cookies)
- 454g (2 8-ounce packages) light or regular cream cheese at room temperature
- 160g (1 cup) powdered sugar
- 15 milliliters (1 tablespoon) pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, melt butter and sugar over medium level heat, whisking frequently until boiling. Allow to boil for 1 minute and remove from heat. Set aside.
- Combine remaining dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Once butter and sugar mixture has cooled slightly, whisk in eggs and milk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and combine.
- Stir in Oreo pieces.
- Spread brownie batter into pan.
- Using an electric mixer, use the whisk attachment to beat the cream cheese until fluffy.
- Beat in the confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until well combined.
- Drop cream cheese mixture onto brownie batter.
- With a knife, draw lines back and forth through mixture to swirl.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until firm. Do not overbake.
- Allow to cool and chill brownies in refrigerator for one hour before slicing
- Store in refrigerator up to three days or freezer up to one month
I used light cream cheese which worked out nicely. However, regular cream cheese would make for a richer brownie.
Although you can stick a knife in to assess if the brownies are done, you will still see some batter when you pull it out. Since the cream cheese mixture stays moist, it is a little more tricky than usual. I suggest moving the pan from side to side to see if they are firm.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT!!!
Make something from the blog? Be sure to share it onInstagram with the tag#KeepItSweetDesserts.
You might also like:
Oreo Crusted Brownie Pie with Cream Cheese Icing
No Bake Cookie Dough Oreo Cheesecakes
An oreo cheesecake brownie party!!!!!
sounds like one perfect celebration!
OMG I can’t wait to make these for my little Chloe. She keeps asking me to make more brownies with the hershey kiss in it. So she will love love love these.
These brownies look so YUMMYYYYY!! thanks for sharing!!
OMG. Why have I never thought to do this before? You have to know that I will probably make these within the week. :)
Yumm!!! Anything with oreos, you can guarantee that I will eat them. Oreos are so simple but so so good.
my husband would LOVE that for his bday! Great to know!
those look amazing! happy bday to matt!
Oh my goodness this looks so delicious! Great step by step photos!
thanks! i hope they are helpful
This recipe looks really good and delicious. I love Oreos but I never really stayed away from eating them as is. You gave me just a wonderful idea on how to make a special dessert out of it. I think I’m gonna have to try this out this weekend. Thanks for sharing ;)
This recipe sounds amazing….but, I just made it exactly as your directions, but I put it in a 9×13 pan and it was FULL. I can’t believe you could fit it in a 9×9 pan!
Thank you so much for the comment, Lori! It should be in a 9×13 pan so I’m so glad you noticed that. Have a great day!