Rich homemade candy cups filled with peanut butter caramel sauce and topped with the perfect amount of flaky sea salt.
I told you I had something up my sleeve for the caramel sauce. I don’t even think I need to talk too much about these little candy cups, the pictures say it all. Last minute Valentine’s Day treat perhaps?
- 10 ounces good quality dark chocolate (I used 72%), roughly chopped
- ½ tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup Peanut Butter Caramel Sauce
- Flaky sea salt (optional)
- Line a mini muffin pan with 12 tin foil cupcake wrappers and set aside
- Place chocolate and butter in a medium microwave safe bowl; melt by microwaving the chocolate and butter in 30-second increments and stirring in-between
- Use a teaspoon to coat the bottom of each cup with melted chocolate; place muffin pan in fridge for fifteen minutes or until chocolate is set
- Remove pan from fridge and spoon caramel sauce into center of each cup (about 1 tablespoon); if caramel sauce has been chilled and is firm, microwave for 10-20 seconds and stir for a more workable consistency
- Spoon melted chocolate over caramel and around edges so that coated on all sides; sprinkle tops with flaky sea salt if desired (and it should be desired)
- Chill for one hour in refrigerator before serving; store in refrigerator up to one week
Make something from the blog? Be sure to share it on Instagram with the tag #KeepItSweetDesserts.
You might also like: