A no-bake treat that every kid and adult will love, these chocolate covered peanut butter Ritz sandwiches are almost too good to be true!
These hardly need any explanation or recipe.
Except, they kind of do.
This past spring in Florida, when I took a brief break from eating Kilwins’ ice cream, I picked up an array of chocolates to bring back to the house and hide in my room share with everyone. When I saw that they had chocolate covered peanut butter and Ritz sandwiches, I couldn’t resist getting a few. But to be honest, I was a little disappointed in the finished product. They weren’t bad, per say, but you really couldn’t taste the peanut butter.
Well, it took me about four months to finally pick up a box of Ritz crackers (those would not typically be safe in my pantry), but I’m glad I did. I recreated the treat (and put it all on snapchat because I couldn’t resist), this time with the right amount of peanut butter, and then proceeded to eat too many to count. I wish I was kidding.
Anyway, this is definitely one of the easiest no-bake desserts (or really I’d prefer to call them snacks) you could possibly make. Buttery crackers topped with peanut butter and then dipped in chocolate should happen in your kitchen immediately.
- 4 dozen Ritz crackers
- 120g (~1/2 cup) creamy peanut butter
- 500 grams good quality dark chocolate chocolate (I used 72%), roughly chopped (can substitute good quality milk chocolate if preferred)
- 14g (1 tablespoon) unsalted butter
- Lay half of your crackers (24) out on a baking sheet; spread about 1 teaspoon (5 grams) of peanut butter into each cracker (don't use much less or you won't be able to taste it!)
- Top each with a second Ritz cracker
- Place tray in freezer for a half hour to chill
- When ready, place chocolate and butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl; melt by microwaving in 30-second increments and stirring in-between; continue until melted and smooth
- Use two forks to dip sandwiches into melted chocolate
- Place dipped sandwiches onto parchment or wax paper and chill in refrigerator one hour
- Keep stored in an airtight container in a cool room or refrigerator until ready to enjoy
- Enjoy within one week for best results
Make something from the blog? Be sure to share it on Instagram with the tag #KeepItSweetDesserts.
You might also like:
Peanut Butter Caramel Candy Cups
Peanut Butter Ripple Chocolate Ice Cream
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Lover’s Bark
my godmother makes these every Christmas and I LUUURRRVE THEM!