A small batch of chocolate chip cookies that’s perfect a cookie craving!
Let’s be honest, one cookie is never, ever enough. And a whole big batch, while appealing, is too many to eat in one sitting. Plus, sometimes you just want a homemade cookie and you want it fast. This chocolate chip cookie recipe is exactly what you need when you:
- 1) …want homemade cookies in just twenty minutes (not exaggerating!),
- 2) …want enough cookies to satisfy a craving and maybe share
- 3) …don’t want to be tempted by a giant batch of baked goods
In fact, not only do you need this recipe, but you need to get your hands on a copy of Christina’s wonderful Dessert for Two Cookbook. (And while you are at it, pre-order her next cookbook!) I’ve been drooling over her cookbook for months now and while I pretty much wanted to make everything (hello chocolate covered key lime pie and oatmeal cream sandwich cookies…), chocolate chip cookies seemed the best place to start.
Oh, and I think Matt agreed since the only complaint I got was the lack of milk in the fridge. Oops!
- 60g (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 24g (2 tablespoons) solid vegetable shortening (I subbed softened unsalted butter)
- 45g (1/4 cup) light brown sugar
- 39g (3 tablespoons) granulated sugar
- 25g (1 large) egg yolk
- 4 milliliters (3/4 teaspoon) vanilla extract
- 75g (1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons) all-purpose flour
- 1g (1/4 teaspoon) baking soda
- 1g (1/4 teaspoon) baking powder
- ½g (1/8) teaspoon fine salt
- ⅛ teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 55g (1/3 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat; set aside
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, beat butter, shortening and sugars on medium-high speed until well combined (about one minute); add egg yolk and vanilla and mix on medium speed until combined
- In a separate small bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and espresso powder; slowly add to mixer while on low speed and mix just until combined; stir in chocolate chips
- Spoon cookie dough into prepared baking sheet (I used a medium cookie dough scoop) and bake 8-9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned; remove from baking sheet and place on a wire rack to cool (or better yet, eat warm out of the oven!)
From the Dessert for Two Cookbook
Make something from the blog? Be sure to share it on Instagram with the tag #KeepItSweetDesserts.
This post contains affiliate links.
You might also like:
Comfort Food Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Gluten Free Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chewy Milk Chocolate Ginger Cookies
I tried this one and it was really good! I was able to make 12, and it wasn’t really enough. LOL!
lol! I hear you there:-)
Christina’s cookbook is almost overwhelming with awesome options to make…who can decide?! Best to start simple with these CCC’s…so perfect for when a craving hits!
The perfect recipe for a chocolate chip cookie craving!
hooray for a solution for cookie cravings! these look perfect! (and i totally do need to get my hands on Christina’s cookbooks!)