This has been one of those weeks so far:
- Our bedroom A/C has been broken since last Monday but won’t be fixed until next Monday, never mind the 100 degree weather
- I thought I figured out the source of my daily stomach pains but was proved wrong, the mystery continues
- As a result of the two items listed above, I’ve barely been sleeping and my stress-relieving gym trips are suffering/barely happening
Okay, is my whining enough already?
On the other hand, I found a delicious and easy no-bake (ie no hot oven) treat to make! These Chewy Chocolate Covered Pretzel Bars are kind of perfect for drowning my summer sorrows. They are chewy and crunchy at the same time with more of that salty and sweet combo that we all seem to know and love. The bars are actually quite addicting if you ask me!
Chewy Chocolate Covered Pretzel Bars
Yield: Serves 24
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 10.5-ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 1 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 6 cups salted pretzel pieces
- Melting butter over low-medium heat in a large pot
- Add the marshmallows and stir until they are completely melted
- Remove pot from heat, and stir in chocolate
- Add pretzels to the mixture and stir
- Once everything is combined, press the ingredients into a 13X9 pan lined with foil and allow to cool
- Once cool, remove bars from the pan; the easiest way to do this is to flip the pan upside down and peel off the foil
- Cut the bars in to large pieces (I made slices in a 6X4 matrix) and serve or store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days
What are you whining about this week? Vent in the comments!