This has been one of those weeks so far:
- Our bedroom A/C has been broken since last Monday but won’t be fixed until next Monday, never mind the 100 degree weather
- I thought I figured out the source of my daily stomach pains but was proved wrong, the mystery continues
- As a result of the two items listed above, I’ve barely been sleeping and my stress-relieving gym trips are suffering/barely happening
Okay, is my whining enough already?
On the other hand, I found a delicious and easy no-bake (ie no hot oven) treat to make! These Chewy Chocolate Covered Pretzel Bars are kind of perfect for drowning my summer sorrows. They are chewy and crunchy at the same time with more of that salty and sweet combo that we all seem to know and love. The bars are actually quite addicting if you ask me!
Chewy Chocolate Covered Pretzel Bars
Yield: Serves 24
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 10.5-ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 1 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 6 cups salted pretzel pieces
- Melting butter over low-medium heat in a large pot
- Add the marshmallows and stir until they are completely melted
- Remove pot from heat, and stir in chocolate
- Add pretzels to the mixture and stir
- Once everything is combined, press the ingredients into a 13X9 pan lined with foil and allow to cool
- Once cool, remove bars from the pan; the easiest way to do this is to flip the pan upside down and peel off the foil
- Cut the bars in to large pieces (I made slices in a 6X4 matrix) and serve or store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days
What are you whining about this week? Vent in the comments!
I made these over the weekend and they were a huge hit! My boyfriend hosted a “beer olympics” and about 30 of our friends got together and made teams and we competed in different events. I brought these, and even though there was pizza, tomato pie, turkey wraps, chips and dip, and brownies, they were all gone at the end of the day! And everyone kept asking who made them :) so thank you for this awesome recipe!
That is awesome! I love when such an easy dessert is also a huge hit. Thanks for the feedback:-)
These look so good! I love chocolate covered pretzels!
Oh no! I hope your AC is all better by now! I can’t imagine enduring this humidity without one. And mystery stomach pains. Not fun at all :(
We love little chocolate covered pretzels here. Ill have to give this one a whirl and see if it makes the BF happy.
These look easy and delicious. Must try it out soon!
Ahh you know my love of pretzels and chocolate! I actually just made that recepie with pretzels chocolate and blueberriesss…awesome. time to make this one
These look great! Sorry about the hard week. Try drinking aloe juice. I get terrible stomach aches sometimes, and really bad indigestion at times (can’t imagine why with all of the cooking!?) but as weird as it sounds, it is like putting out a fire when you drink it. This is my fav. brand and they deliver: “aloe cure” Maybe it would help?
Thanks for the suggestion, Heather! I stopped eating my usual breakfast of raw oatmeal mixed with yogurt and it helped a ton. I’ll keep that in mind for next time, because I really do get stomach aches pretty often anyway.
I love chocolate and pretzels together, these look great. Adding them to the list!
Sorry about the air conditioner, I feel your pain – we only have it in the bedroom and the apartment has been over 100 more than once in the last few weeks. Hang in there!
Always looks for new treat ideas…this is a good one.
These certainly look sinfully delicious. I love the sweet and salty combo.