A no-bake treat and healthy snack made with just a few ingredients. These naturally gluten-free energy balls are so convenient to have on hand!
Every day since L was born, you would think I hadn’t eaten in a week. Seriously, I’m so hungry ALL the time. He eats every three hours and I do too. Sometimes I have time to make myself a big salad and inhale it in about three minutes. Sometimes I have him on my lap while I try to cut the chicken on my plate into bite sized pieces with just one hand. Other times I have him in the Baby K’tan and try not to spill food on his head (there may or may not have been an incident with turkey). And sometimes I just need something to grab. While I definitely eat a lot and have my fair share of dessert, I’ve been trying to eat mostly healthy every day since having him. Snacks like these little energy balls have saved me. I’ll often grab three or four out of the freezer and pair them with a couple sticks of string cheese for a surprisingly filling and healthy snack that you can eat with one hand. New mom win!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper and set aside
- In a medium bowl, combine bananas, peanut butter, chia seeds and cinnamon
- Stir in oatmeal, ground oats and PB2 until well combined
- Use a tablespoon or small cookie dough scoop to divide up dough and then use your hands to roll into balls; place on prepared baking sheet
- Freeze for two hours before placing balls to store in a ziplock bag or Tupperware container
- Freeze for up to one month; energy balls can be enjoyed frozen or at room temperature
These run about 40 calories / piece; I like eating a few at a time with some string cheese for a filling snack
Make something from the blog? Be sure to share it on Instagram with the tag #KeepItSweetDesserts.
This post contains affiliate links.
You might also like: