A small batch of chocolate chip cookies that’s perfect a cookie craving!
Let’s be honest, one cookie is never, ever enough. And a whole big batch, while appealing, is too many to eat in one sitting. Plus, sometimes you just want a homemade cookie and you want it fast. This chocolate chip cookie recipe is exactly what you need when you:
- 1) …want homemade cookies in just twenty minutes (not exaggerating!),
- 2) …want enough cookies to satisfy a craving and maybe share
- 3) …don’t want to be tempted by a giant batch of baked goods
In fact, not only do you need this recipe, but you need to get your hands on a copy of Christina’s wonderful Dessert for Two Cookbook. (And while you are at it, pre-order her next cookbook!) I’ve been drooling over her cookbook for months now and while I pretty much wanted to make everything (hello chocolate covered key lime pie and oatmeal cream sandwich cookies…), chocolate chip cookies seemed the best place to start.
Oh, and I think Matt agreed since the only complaint I got was the lack of milk in the fridge. Oops!
- 60g (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 24g (2 tablespoons) solid vegetable shortening (I subbed softened unsalted butter)
- 45g (1/4 cup) light brown sugar
- 39g (3 tablespoons) granulated sugar
- 25g (1 large) egg yolk
- 4 milliliters (3/4 teaspoon) vanilla extract
- 75g (1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons) all-purpose flour
- 1g (1/4 teaspoon) baking soda
- 1g (1/4 teaspoon) baking powder
- ½g (1/8) teaspoon fine salt
- ⅛ teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 55g (1/3 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat; set aside
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, beat butter, shortening and sugars on medium-high speed until well combined (about one minute); add egg yolk and vanilla and mix on medium speed until combined
- In a separate small bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and espresso powder; slowly add to mixer while on low speed and mix just until combined; stir in chocolate chips
- Spoon cookie dough into prepared baking sheet (I used a medium cookie dough scoop) and bake 8-9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned; remove from baking sheet and place on a wire rack to cool (or better yet, eat warm out of the oven!)
Make something from the blog? Be sure to share it on Instagram with the tag #KeepItSweetDesserts.
This post contains affiliate links.
You might also like: