Do you have a dish or dessert that friends and family are constantly requesting? There is one dessert I make that people are always asking for, and go and figure, it is one of the easiest recipes I have ever made. I actually was hesitant to post it on the blog in case my friends see this and decide they don’t need my baking services anymore because they can do it themselves;-)
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are so easy but oh so delicious. They are rich and fudgy and begin and end with chocolate chip cookie, what could be bad?
Interestingly enough, this is actually a Pillsbury recipe. Pillsbury has some great, easy recipes on their website. Usually I’ll prefer desserts completely made from scratch, but there is a time and a place for shortcuts if the outcome is still tasty! My mom made this recipe a few years ago and replaced the top layer of cookie with melted chocolate, but I am sticking with the basics here.
Not only is this easy, but the ingredient list is super short. All you need are 3 1/2 ingredients (I count vanilla as a half:-)).
Here are the easy steps:
Mix your peanut butter, powdered sugar and vanilla
I actually reduced the portion of peanut butter this time around and was happier with the result. The bars cooked perfectly.
Your peanut butter batter will be very thick. Mixer not necessary but easier.
Layer about 2/3 of the cookie dough and then the peanut butter
Top with drops of the remaining cookie dough
Try not to eat them all in one sitting
- 1 roll of chocolate chip cookie dough, 16.5 oz
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine peanut butter, sugar and vanilla and set aside
- Spread ⅔ of cookie dough in 8x8 or 9x9 ungreased baking pan
- Spread peanut butter mixture on top of cookie dough
- Drop remaining cookie dough on top of peanut butter layer
- Bake 28-33 minutes or until golden brown
- Cool before cutting. Serve at room temperature
Do you have any “fan favorite” recipes? Do you keep them a secret?