Thick and chewy peanut butter cookies for peanut butter lovers only.
Wow, thank you so much for the kind notes, tweets, Facebook messages, etc. regarding our big news! We really didn’t tell anyone (other than our parents and siblings) until a week or so ago. Let me tell you, that is one hard secret to keep! When you are exhausted constantly, hungry ALL the time and just generally overwhelmed by the big life change coming, it is difficult to look anyone in the eye when they say “what’s going on” and you have to say “nothing.” Phew! So glad to be past that. I have a pregnancy-related post coming later this week and am happy to share even more as long as people want to read about it.
While many women suffer through morning sickness and get crazy food aversions, I was lucky to avoid that for the most part. There were a few foods here and there (mainly random vegetables and fish) that stopped appealing to me, but dessert was never one of them. In fact, anything that was carb-based sounded extra delicious. Cookies excel in that category!
So, a few weeks ago I took a look at my massive baking inventory and decided to make something that revolved around peanut butter. For peanut butter lovers, it’s hard to beat a perfectly chewy peanut-y cookie. This one is full of peanut butter, peanut butter chips, peanuts AND peanut butter cups. (Sorry Matt, this cookie is kind of your worst nightmare.) They were a big hit and I definitely enjoyed a couple myself. The amount of food I consume on a regular basis astounds me. While I’m trying to eat as healthy as possible (I figure that is the least I can do in taking care of the baby), there is definitely room for my sweet tooth cravings. Don’t expect me to start turning my nose up at dessert any time soon.
- 130g (~1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 12g (1 ½ teaspoons) baking soda
- 113g (½ cup) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 258 g (1 cup) creamy peanut butter
- 160g (~¾ cup) granulated sugar
- 117g (~1/2 cup) packed light brown sugar
- 100g (2 large) whole eggs, at room temperature
- 5 milliliters (1 teaspoon) vanilla extract
- 105g (~2/3 cup) chopped peanut butter cups
- 90g (~1/2 cup) peanut butter chips
- 75g (~1/2 cup) chopped peanuts
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda, set aside
- Using a mixer, in a large bowl beat peanut butter, butter and sugars on high until light and fluffy
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla until combined
- Reduce speed to low and stir in flour mixture just until combined
- Stir in peanut butter cups, peanut butter chips and chopped peanuts
- Chill dough for 2 hours
- After, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper
- Use a large cookie dough scoop to place cookie dough balls (about ¼ cup each) on top of parchment paper, 1-2 inches apart
- Bake ~14 minutes until cookies are brown around the edges
This post contains affiliate links.
Make something from the blog? Be sure to share it on Instagram with the tag #KeepItSweetDesserts.
You might also like: