The fudgiest brownies you will ever eat topped with fleur de sel are rich, decadent and completely satisfying.
These brownies are, what I like to call, a piece of ultimate chocolate bliss. They are thick and ultra fudgy, studded with chocolate chips, layered with a naturally crackly top and sprinkled with fleur de sel. They aren’t too sweet but they are chocolatey and rich. The salt sprinkled on top helps cut the sweetness, though, with just the right amount of contrast. Eaten alone, with a cup of dark coffee or warm topped with vanilla ice cream, they are pure brownie perfection.
In fact, I’m having major regrets that I brought them to my brother-in-law’s house for a family event and had to leave before dessert was served. Of course I got to taste them beforehand, but ever since that day I’ve had the biggest brownie craving ever. Luckily, brownies are generally very easy to make and, if I dare, I might just have to whip up a batch soon.
Make them for your next party, new mom friend or to keep in the freezer as a secret stash. I won’t tell!
- 256g unsweetened chocolate, roughly chopped
- 340g (1½ cups / 3 sticks) unsalted butter
- 415g (~2 cups) granulated sugar
- 400g (~1¾ cups, packed) light brown sugar
- 275g (~5 large) whole eggs, at room temperature
- 20 milliliters (4 teaspoons) vanilla extract
- 290g (~2 cups + 2 tablespoons) all-purpose flour
- 2g (1/2 teaspoon) salt
- 135g (3/4 cup) semi sweet chocolate chips
- 135g (3/4 cup) milk chocolate chips
- 1g (3/4 teaspoon) fleur de sel
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees;
- Line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper; set aside
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt; set aside
- Melt butter and chocolate in large pot over low to medium heat; remove when melted
- Stir in sugar until combined; stir in eggs and vanilla until smooth
- Whisk in flour mixture just until combined; do not overmix; fold in chocolate chips
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with fleur de sel
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean from center
- Set brownies aside to cool completely before removing from pan and cutting