This weekend has been amazing. It started with a late afternoon pedicure Friday (with one of my favorites), and after finishing up some computer work, went into full-force relaxation with Matt. Wine, movies, TV and healthified nachos for dinner were all included. Today we are heading to see my family for a quick visit before I return to put together some late holiday and New Year’s orders.
It might sound crazy after so many hours in the kitchen, but I really miss baking for fun. I miss creating new recipes to share with you and just messing around for new product ideas or Cookie of the Month flavors. My head is already spinning with all sorts of concoctions to put together during these quieter days. There bags of candy sitting in my pantry are just dying to be baked with.
In the meantime, in case you are looking for some last minute end of the year baking inspiration, I thought I’d share with you some of the 2012 favorites.
And the 10 most popular blog posts of 2012 are…
10. Flourless Chocolate Cookies
9. Peanut Butter Cake with Salted Caramel Cream Cheese Icing & Chocolate Ganache
8. Oreo Crusted Brownie Pie with Cream Cheese Icing
6. Sweet and Salty Candy Bar Blondies
5. Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
4. Easy Lemon Shortbread Cookies
3. Simple Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing
2. 22 Easy Dessert Recipes that Make You Seem Like a Pro
1. Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
Of course while I do adore some of the reader favorites (ahem Oreo Crusted Brownie Pie with Cream Cheese Icing), I wanted to put in my two sense on the best recipes I’ve posted this year (although limiting that to 10 is so hard)…
9. Mini Halloween Confetti Cookie Sandwiches
7. Fudgy Double Crème de Menthe Brownies
6. Blueberry Chocolate Chunk Frozen Yogurt
5. Chocolate Stout Celebration Cake
4. Banana Brownie Chunk Greek Frozen Yogurt
3. Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes
2. Brown Sugar Cupcakes with Cinnamon Ginger Buttercream and Ginger Cookie Pecan Brittle
1. Salted Caramel & Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Bars
And finally, this post was for sure the most meaningful blog post (to me) that I’ve shared with you to date.
I hope that all of you celebrating have a wonderful Christmas. In light of recent events in Newtown, this week I’ll be counting my blessings a few extra times and telling my loved ones what they mean to me.
Thanks, I pinned a few that weren’t on my radar! Hope you had a great Christmas and have more time for “fun baking” in future! :)
Girl, I am SO proud of you for rocking this first year of business! You never cease to amaze me. And all of these recipes look awesome. Too bad I’m in serious detox mode right now…I want them all!
This is such a great dessert round up. I hope you had a Merry Christmas and wishing you the best in 2013.
yes, please, I will take one of each! (okay, who am I kidding, a DOZEN of each!). this was a very tasty year for you – I look forward to more in the new year – happy new year to you!
Beautiful list from 2012—lookin’ forward to what you have in store for 2013!
ugh. I can’t even take it- so many great desserts! Happy New Year!
Congrats on a great year, Lauren!! Happy New Year to you!!
Wow these look yummy! x
Congrats on such a great year!! Can’t wait to see what you do in 2013. Hope you had a great holiday!
Those candy bar blondies sound amazing! And, I’d forgotten about the frosting shots. I can’t decide if I needed the reminder or not :) PS: Congrats on such an awesome year!
A little of everything, please! Except for the chocolate stout celebration cake…I’ll take two large slices!