As we navigate through the challenge that is the transition from two naps to one, things are definitely improving. L’s at least willing to nap in his crib, it’s just not for nearly as much time as I’d like. So dramatic, isn’t it? Before being a mom I never understood why parents would obsess over their kids’ sleep so much but now I get it. Sleep (for parent and child) = key to happiness. Ha!
Overall, though, things are good. L’s starting to try to say so many different words, Current favorites include “sit” (especially amusing while popping up and down in the bathtub), “ha” for hi (while holing a phone to his head) and “stih” for stir (while doing the action of course). It’s so cute. He’s also growing so well socially, becoming more outgoing and adventurous every day. And daring, too. The kid gives me 10,000 heart attacks a day.
L decided it was his own personal puppet show at our gym class
This weekend we are all going to my parents’ which will be fun. An added bonus? Matt and I get a real date on Valentine’s Day. Historically we’ve chosen to spend the holiday in with pizza and champagne, but it will be nice to take advantage of the opportunity to have a child-free restaurant meal.
And on that note, here are a few of my favorite recipes for Valentine’s Day:
- Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes <-decadent and amazing
- Mini Chip Brownie Bites with Pink Marshmallow Buttercream <- cute and delicious
- Red Velvet Cookies with White Chocolate Frosting <- everyone loves these!
- Valentine’s Day Brownie Pops <- HEART shaped!
- Vanilla M&M Shortbread Cookies <-super easy
- Red Velvet Cupcakes with Blueberry Cream Cheese Icing <- so pretty
- Lemon Truffles <- perfect for gifting
- Milk Chocolate Tart with Peanut Butter Pretzel Crust <- only 4 ingredients and no-bake
- Pretty in Pink Buttercream Cups <- fun and different
Now for this week’s updates….
New posts on the blog:
This week’s most popular recipe/blog post:
Five favorite things I pinned all week:
I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend!