No churn ice cream swirled with cinnamon roll filling and full of cinnamon roll cookie pieces!
Every time I make a new ice cream flavor, I convince myself that it’s a new favorite and I can’t possibly come up with another that I will enjoy as much. The last batch, which was so good that I actually am not allowed to make it again (I had no self-control whatsoever!), was no different. However, this Cinnamon Bun Cookie Ice Cream is giving all previous ice cream experiences a run for their money!
Creamy no churn vanilla ice cream is the base. In that, we have cinnamon roll filling (uh, yes!) and chopped chunks of cinnamon bun Oreos (yes, they do exist). Is it me, or were Oreos created soley for being folded into ice cream? My husband might beg to disagree, but I will pile my Oreos into ice cream each and every chance I get!
I may have shed a small tear when I ate the last bowl of this cinnamon bun ice cream. It was that good, really.
- 475 milliliters (2 cups) heavy cream
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk (I used fat free, but any type would work)
- 15 milliliters (1 tablespoon) vanilla extract
- 230g (3 cups) roughly chopped cinnamon roll Oreos, roughly chopped (16 cookies)
- 120g (~1/2 cup tightly packed) light brown sugar
- 28g (2 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 6g (2 teaspoons) ground cinnamon
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer with whisk attachment, beat cream on high speed for several minutes, just until stiff peaks form
- While whipping cream, in a separate large bowl, stir together sweetened condensed milk and vanilla; stir in Oreos
- In a separate small bowl, combine brown sugar, melted butter, cinnamon; set aside
- Once cream is ready, fold it into sweetened condensed milk mixture
- Pour half of ice cream into a regular-sized loaf pan and drop half of brown sugar mixture over top; top with remaining ice cream and top with remaining brown sugar mixture; wrap well with seran wrap or tin foil
- Freeze for 6 hours or overnight before serving