The fudgiest blondies loaded with everyone’s favorite sweet and salty candies.
When I asked my Father-in-Law what he wanted for his birthday dessert, his only request was chocolate covered pretzels. Sweet and salty, who doesn’t love those?
But come on, it is a birthday dessert! And since chocolate covered pretzels are what I make as an afterthought when I have extra melted chocolate, I just had to make something else.
So I threw together something else sweet and salty that required just a little more time and effort than the pretzels (of course I made those too) and was thrilled with the result. What I love about blondies is how flexible they can be. You can load them up with whatever you are in the mood for. Since Halloween is just a couple of weeks away, these would be the perfect way to use up any extra candy or the inevitable post-holiday candy sale purchases.
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 12⅜ ounces (1½ cups packed) light brown sugar
- 7 ounces (1½ cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 x-large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup honey roasted peanuts
- ½ cup M&Ms
- ⅓ cup chopped Heath Bars (~8 minis)
- ¼ cup Reese's Pieces (I used mini but regular sized would work, too)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees; line an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and brown sugar, stirring constantly; remove from heat and set aside when butter is completely melted
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking powder; set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and vanilla; whisk in butter and sugar mixture
- Whisk in flour mixture until almost combined and then fold in any remaining crumbs with a spatula
- Fold in peanuts and candy until evenly distributed throughout batter
- Pour into prepared baking pan
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife comes out clean
- Set aside to cool before cutting
Make something from the blog? Be sure to share it on Instagram with the tag #KeepItSweetDesserts.
You might also like: