Do you read Cookies & Cups? If not, you need to.
Not only is Shelly hilarious, but she also makes the most delicious and fun desserts in every.single.post. I can not stop drooling over her Chubby Hubby Bars or Pumpkin Dump Cake. Really, I should have an email folder dedicated to the recipes from her blog that I send myself. Either that or I should move in with her.
That wouldn’t be creepy.
So when I saw her Chocolate Toffee Bars I immediately added them to my must make list. I put a bit more emphasis on the peanut butter in the recipe and was thrilled with how they came out.
The only problem was, they are too good. I’m not kidding. I couldn’t keep myself from eating these as soon as they came out of the oven. The only thing that saved me was knowing I had to donate some to a LCC Foundation raffle.
I think from now on, I need someone to come and remove desserts from my apartment immediately after photographing them for the blog. Any takers?
[print_this]Thick and Chewy Peanut Butter, Chocolate and Toffee Bars
Makes 24 bars
Thick and Chewy Peanut Butter, Chocolate and Toffee Bars
Makes 24 bars
Peanut Butter Toffee Crust
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup Nutter Butter crumbs (~10 cookies)
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 13X9 pan with butter or cooking spray; set aside
- Combine melted butter, cookie crumbs and toffee bits
- Press crust mixture into pan; crust will be very thin
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until crust is a nice medium shade of gold
Chocolate Peanut Butter Filling
- 1 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk (any fat content will do)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- While crust is baking, combine chocolate and peanut butter chips, sweetened condensed milk and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat
- Stir ingredients together until melted and remove from heat
- Pour evenly over prepared crust; set aside
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup toffee bits
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside
- With an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugars at high speed
- Mix in eggs and vanilla until well combined
- Reduce speed to low and stir in flour mixture
- Stir in toffee bits and chocolate chips
- Once combined, drop dough by large spoonfuls over the filling
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until topping is lightly browned
- Allow to cool before serving
Any other blogs you are loving right now?