When I saw Lauren’s suggestions for Valentine’s Day treats included this cookie, I knew I had to try it! Lauren has a wonderful blog that makes incredibly delicious and healthy versions of food that everyone loves. Unfortunately, I didn’t have any chocolate peanut butter on hand, but I did have some of this chocolate almond butter on hand.
Since I wanted to make the cookies immediately, I decided to adapt her recipe for what I had on hand and make Flourless Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies.
Reasons to make these cookies:
1. They are deliciously light and fudgey at the same time.
2. This is the easiest cookie recipe I have ever made. 3 steps, that is it!
3. Portion control! This recipe makes 8 cookies. If you are nervous about eating the entire batch, you can’t get yourself into too much trouble*. The cookies are pretty big, too.
*Each cookie comes out to 5 weightwatchers points+, as a result, the entire batch is 40 points+ which is less than the extra weekly points you get.
Step 1: Mix together almond butter, brown sugar, whisked egg white, baking soda, vanilla extract and salt
Step 2: Stir in chocolate chips
Step 3: Bake cookies
Did I say they were easy?
Flourless Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies
Adapted from Healthy Food for Living
Yield: 8 cookies
- 1/2 cup chocolate almond butter
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg white, whisked
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together almond butter, brown sugar, whisked egg white, baking soda, vanilla extract and salt
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Use a cookie dough scoop or tablespoon to shape 8 cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake for ~12 min or until tops of cookies are no longer loose
What is the easiest dessert you have made?