This chocolate pecan pie is the perfect addition to your fall holiday table!
Get excited because in addition to yesterday’s awesome Amazon gift certificate giveaway, I have a few more giveaways coming your way this week (scroll down for details). Oh right, and lot’s of pie! A few other bloggers and I are sharing pie recipes all week long. The perfect week before Thanksgiving treat, I’d say!
To start things off, I’ve got what I decided to call a “Fancy” Holiday Chocolate Pecan Pie. I’m completely enamored with the shape of this pie and the pile of pecans above crust level. This is the sort of thing that will look gorgeous on your Thanksgiving table.
- ⅓ recipe of 1 double crusted pie crust (I used this Martha Stewart recipe)
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 2 ounces (~1/4 cup tightly packed) light brown sugar
- 1⅝ ounces (~1/4 cup) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2½ cups pecans
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Prepare pie crust according to recipe directions and chill dough until ready to use
- When ready to bake, pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Roll dough out in a long rectangle (at least 16 inches long and 7 inches wide), dough should be ~1/8 inch thick
- Carefully press dough into tart pan, tightly into corners and edges; cut off any crust that hangs over
- Whisk together filling (eggs, sugars, corn syrup, vanilla and salt); set aside
- Mix pecans and chocolate chips together and pile evenly into pie crust
- Drizzle filling over pie being careful not to have any spill over
- Place pan in center of oven and bake for ~35 minutes or until filling is set; check occasionally and if pecans on top start to brown, lightly cover with foil for remainder of baking
- I suggest placing a large piece of foil on rack below pie in oven in case of any drips
- *If you do not have a pan this size, you can make the recipe into an 8 or 9-inch pie, just use one half of pie crust recipe, NOT one third and increase filling by fifty percent; increase baking time as needed
And now for the giveaway! Today through November 25th you can enter to win a pretty awesome prize pack from King Arthur Flour (flour, spices, a pie plate AND a rolling pin) and Cabot (gift basket full of cheese and other fun products)! There will be two winners which is really exciting. US entrants only.
Looking for more Pie Week recipes?
Brown Butter Apple Custard Pie from The Baker Chick
Bourbon Apple Hand Pies from Nutmeg Nanny
Pumpkin Pie Croutons from Chocolate and Carrots
Mini Pumpkin Pies from Dessert for Two
Winter Squash Pot Pie with Chickpeas and Swiss Chard from Eats Well With Others
Fancy Holiday Chocolate Pecan Pie from Keep It Sweet Desserts
Chocolate Pecan Tart from Bake or Break
Apple Cherry Galette with Kettle Chip Crumble from Country Cleaver
This post contains affiliate links.