Homemade speculoos (or Cookie Butter) ice cream layered with crushed speculoos cookies and a warm homemade blueberry sauce.
This ice cream is now a serious obsession. In case you couldn’t tell in Monday’s post.
The thing is, despite the fact that it has so much flavor you can most definitely enjoy it thoroughly on its own, I couldn’t leave well enough alone. So I dressed it up with a sauce made from my favorite summer fruit (seriously, I might turn blue this summer) and some cookie crumbs for extra texture. The blueberry sauce is so pretty that this sundae will brighten up your summer table. You can even make a few sundaes ahead of time for entertaining (just wrap and freeze), though, I definitely prefer the blueberry sauce warmed up before serving. It’s sweet but definitely not too sweet (you wouldn’t want an ultra sweet sauce for the cookie butter ice cream) and since you are adding a fruit so high in antioxidants to your ice cream, an extra-large sundae is perfectly acceptable.
- 2 scoops Cookie Butter Ice Cream
- 2-3 tablespoons Blueberry Sauce (see below)
- 1-2 speculoos cookies broken into small pieces
- Layer ice cream, warmed blueberry sauce, and broken cookies; serve and enjoy!
- 285g (~2 cups) fresh blueberries (frozen can be substituted for slightly longer cooking time)
- 70g (~1/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 15 milliliters (1 tablespoon) fresh lemon juice (about ½ lemon)
- 10g (~1 tablespoon) cornstarch
- Place blueberries, sugar and lemon juice in a medium pot stove with medium heat
- Stir occasionally until some of the berries begin to break down and juice begins to form (~4 minutes)
- Turn the heat to high, add cornstarch and stir quickly until sauce reaches desired thickness (1-2 minutes)
- Serve immediately or reheat gently before using; store leftovers covered or in an airtight container up to one week
Make something from the blog? Be sure to share it on Instagram with the tag #KeepItSweetDesserts.
You might also like:
No Churn Cookie Butter Ice Cream
Extra Dark Chocolate Cake with Cookie Butter Buttercream
And just think of how many antioxidants you’re giving the baby!! This is basically health food. Winning.
That is one amazing sundae! Love the flavors in here, especially the warm blueberry sauce. Will have to try this sometime soon! :)
That blueberry sauce with the cookie butter sounds amazing!