You don’t need an ice cream maker to churn a batch of this delicious ice cream! Packed with Cookie Butter, rich and creamy, this is an ice cram that you will love.
Apparently no-churn ice cream is a thing, a big thing. This might be the most dangerous fact I’ve ever learned. In the past I’ve nearly broken an old ice cream maker in frustration. I had no idea how easy it would be to make the real deal sans fancy machine. Seriously, you whip some cream, combine it with a sweetened condensed milk / flavor mixture and freeze for a few hours. I actually stopped myself from buying more than one large container of heavy whipping cream at Costco on Saturday for fear of my baby turning into a giant ice cream cone.
Luckily I did have some help from Matt in eating this batch of Cookie Butter Ice Cream. Infused with cookie butter AND speculoos crumbs, it is heavy on the cookie butter flavor in a very good way. I used it for ice cream sundaes (recipe coming later this week), a fruit crumble (recipe also coming soon) and Matt made a couple of milkshakes (just some skim milk and ice cream blended together). Part of me wants to make this recipe over and over again throughout the summer, but I have too many other flavors I’m dying to try. Although, I would love to have a giant scoop of this ice cream stuffed into these cookies. Um, how many weeks away is my glucose test?
- 475 milliliters (2 cups) heavy cream
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk (I used fat free, but any type would work)
- 200g (~1/2 cup) Cookie Butter (or other speculoos of choice)
- 84g (~2/3 cup) finely ground speculoos cookies (approximately 10 cookies)
- 5 milliliters (1 teaspoon) vanilla extract
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer with whisk attachment, beat cream on high speed for several minutes, just until stiff peaks form
- While whipping cream, in a separate large bowl, stir together remaining ingredients
- Once cream is ready, fold it into Cookie Butter mixture
- Pour ice cream into a regular-sized loaf pan and wrap well with seran wrap or tin foil
- Freeze for 6 hours or overnight
If you love Cookie Butter as much as I do, be sure to check out my growing list of speculoos-based recipes!
Oh, and I also spotted this version of Cookie Butter s’more ice cream last week on Baheaholic Mama, I’ll take both!
Make something from the blog? Be sure to share it on Instagram with the tag #KeepItSweetDesserts.
You might also like: