Super rich and fudgy brownies infused with the infamous peppermint mocha holiday flavor.
Sometimes you just need a great brownie. These peppermint mocha brownies are the perfect holiday brownie for this season’s festivities. Thick, fudgy, rich and decadent… the peppermint mocha combination is a holiday favorite around here and it is hard to beat in brownie form. I’m partial to a super fudgy brownie with a crackly top and that is exactly what you get with this treat!
- 128g unsweetened chocolate, roughly chopped
- 170g (3/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 415g (~2 cups) granulated sugar
- 150g (~3 large) whole eggs, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoon strong brewed espresso (1g (1/2 tablespoon) espresso + 3 tablespoons water))
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 146g (~1 cup + 1 tablespoon) all-purpose flour
- 1g (1/4 teaspoon) salt
- 105g (~3/4 cup) peppermint crunch baking chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees; Grease a 9×9 brownie pan or baking dish with cookie spray or butter OR line it with parchment paper; set aside
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and salt; set aside
- Melt butter and chocolate in large sauce pan over low to medium heat; stir in sugar; stir in eggs, espresso and vanilla until smooth
- Whisk in flour mixture just until combined; do not overmix; fold in peppermint baking chips
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and bake 33-36 minutes or until a knife comes out clean
- Set brownies aside to cool completely before slicing and serving
- Note: These brownies are great for making in advance of the holidays. Just wrap them tightly in foil and store them in the freezer for up to one month.