These Blueberry Buttercream Cups are the perfect no-bake chocolate treats. They are so easy to make.
I think I might be a little obsessed with buttercream candy cups now. First there were the Mint Cookies and Cream Buttercream Cups and then I made these Pretty in Pink Buttercream Cups. The thing is, this is such an easy dessert to make. I was able to do all of the work and clean up in the time it took Matt to go to the driving range. I could have eaten them all and he wouldn’t even have had a clue. Sometimes that is the best kind of dessert.
So when I was thinking endlessly of some sort of fancy gender reveal post, I’m glad that it finally occurred to me to make some buttercream cups again. I still don’t have high energy levels so it’s hard to motivate myself to make anything overly complicated. Besides, blueberry buttercream plus chocolate – it’s like a gourmet truffle on crack.
Wait, what? Did I say gender reveal? The filling might not be super blue (I’m trying to stay away from artificial coloring right now), but it is blue! And that’s pretty much my favorite color since we found out that we are having a boy a couple of weeks ago! It actually wasn’t a shock, everyone seemed convinced of that a couple of months ago. If I had been told anything else, I wouldn’t have believed the doctor anyway. I grew up with a sister so this whole boy world is new and exciting for me. And besides that, finding out the sex made things feel SO much more real. We’ve even started looking at furniture and all of the cute room decorations out there. Seriously, how is everything baby so darn cute? And Matt? I don’t think I’ve seen him this happy in the entire 10+ years we’ve been together. That might be the best part!
- 227g good quality dark chocolate (I used 72%), roughly chopped
- 7g (1/2 tablespoon) unsalted butter
- 1½ cups Blueberry Buttercream (see below)
- Line a mini muffin pan with 12 tin foil cupcake wrappers and set aside
- Place chocolate and butter in a medium microwave safe bowl; melt by microwaving the chocolate and butter in 30-second increments and stirring in-between
- Use a teaspoon to coat the bottom of each cup with melted chocolate; place muffin pan in fridge
- Remove pan from fridge and pipe buttercream into center of each cup (about 1 tablespoon)
- Spoon melted chocolate over buttercream and around edges so that coated on all sides
- Chill for one hour in refrigerator before serving; store in refrigerator up to one week
- 113g (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 240g (1½ cups) powdered sugar
- ⅛ cup blueberry puree (made from ¼ cup of fresh or frozen blueberries)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter on high speed for several minutes until light and creamy
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and add powdered sugar; beat on high speed until combined
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and add blueberry puree, vanilla and salt; mix on medium speed for one minute; beat on high speed for at least five minutes and until frosting is light and creamy; if it appears too thick, continue to beat for another couple of minutes or until it reaches desired consistency
Dear Pottery Barn Kids – you might just be the end of my bank account.
Make something from the blog? Be sure to share it on Instagram with the tag #KeepItSweetDesserts.
You might also like:
Mint Cookies and Cream Buttercream Cups
Pretty in Pink Buttercream Cups
Peanut Butter Caramel Candy Cups
YAY! Congratulations! So so exciting. I agree, finding out the gender does make it feel so much more real – and makes it a bit easier to narrow the naming pool!
That’s true… although we didn’t even talk about girl names before. Everyone was so convinced lol.
These look divine! Loving the idea- so creative and super delicious recipe!
oh boy! congrats.
Wow this is freaking genius. Congrats on the baby boy!
Ahhh congrats!! That is so exciting :) My sister is having 2 boys any day now and it’s going to be a whole new world for my family, too!
Also, these treats look absolutely wonderful!!
Oh wow, congrats to your sister! Being an aunt is the best:-) Twins is SO exciting!!
I had a feeling it was a boy! Mostly based on the fact that you never really felt sick, and they say that girls tend to give the most nausea troubles. YAYAYAYAY!!
Is the amount of cream cheese missing from the ingredient list? I keep rereading it but am missing it lol.
Sorry about the confusion, no cream cheese!
blueberry buttercream sounds delicious!
Congratulations! That’s so exciting. I guess if you were having a girl you would’ve made strawberry buttercream cups! ;)
AHHH I missed this!! Congratulaaaations on the little boy to be!! :D