This make-ahead breakfast bake is healthy, hearty and tasty! Full of pumpkin, bananas and oatmeal, you will feel good serving this to your family for breakfast.
Confession: This recipe is already on the blog.
But…. ouch! I realize that something like this is hard to photograph, but those pictures were just so bad. And the writing? I think it took me a year to find my voice. Every time I read an early post it just feels so awkward. It’s almost as bad as reading your diary from middle school. Yikes, was that really me?
I’m hoping to go through some other old posts to do them over as well. I’m sure some of my recipe directions weren’t as clear as they can be and I’d just really love to have better pictures of some poor desserts that are stuck looking ugly. Did this really happen? Did I think this was appetizing (scroll down)?
- 6 ounces (~2 cups) rolled oats*
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 6 fluid ounces unsweetened vanilla almond milk (skim milk or soy milk can be subbed)
- 4 fluid ounces egg replacement or egg whites (equivalent of about 3 egg whites)
- 5 ounces (~1/2 cup) mashed brown ripe bananas (~2 small or 1 large)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9×9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients and set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients just until mixed
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for 23-28 minutes in middle of oven, or until a knife comes out clean from center
- Serve immediately or store covered at room temperature up to three days; can also be wrapped and frozen for an easy weekday breakfast
There is no added sugar to this recipe, if you are looking for a very sweet breakfast, I suggest topping with maple syrup
Additional toppings might include greek yogurt, nut butter, sliced almonds and cooked fruit
And in honor of learning how to use a camera, I created a fun little GIF.