Cookie dough dip made with brown butter, cream cheese and lots of chocolate chips is a perfect super bowl treat!
Sometimes I’m a really good wife.
And sometimes, I make pure crack cookie dough dip when my husband’s on a diet. Sorry, Matt.
But can you blame me? We were in the midst of a massive snowstorm with an animal a toddler to keep busy and Super Bowl recipes to create. Brown butter cookie dough was clearly the only option.
Truthfully, if Matt had caved and eaten some, I think he would have agreed that each bite was worth every.single.calorie. But he stuck to his healthy eating and I was left to enjoy the creamy, sweet, deliciousness all to myself. Well, almost… I actually brought some to my neighbors (snow day mvp?), because I like to fit into my jeans, too.
I think I made a version of cookie dough dip a few years ago when it was first making waves around the internet. It was good and everything, but this brown butter version is even better. It’s a super indulgent and delicious way to enjoy the nuttiness of a deep brown butter-infused dessert. And cookie dough dip is pretty much the ultimate recipe to make for the Super Bowl because it’s a dip. It goes perfectly with the pretzels everyone’s already snacking on but also pairs well with graham crackers and animal crackers. Plus, it’s super easy to whip up and you can make it ahead of time and then keep it in the fridge until party time. One more bonus? It’s accidentally gluten-free. Extra party friendly.
- 142g (10 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 226g (1 8-ounce package) light cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 117g (1/2 cup, tightly packed) light brown sugar
- 80g (1/2 cup) powdered sugar
- 10 milliliters (2 teaspoons) pure vanilla extract
- 5g (1 teaspoon) salt
- 190g (1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- *Brown the butter: Heat butter in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, when butter turns to an amber/light brown color, remove from heat immediately (You should be able to smell the deeper more caramel flavor of the butter) pour browned butter immediately into a small bowl and place in fridge until completely cooled for (about 30 minutes)
- Once butter has cooled, place in the large bowl of a mixer with paddle attachment; add cream cheese and beat on medium-high speed or until well combined
- Add sugars, vanilla and salt and beat on medium speed until completely combined
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Serve immediately or store covered in refrigerator up to three days
- Serve with graham crackers and pretzels
Adapted from the many recipes online found by searching “cookie dough dip”
Make something from the blog? Be sure to share it on Instagram with the tag #KeepItSweetDesserts.
You might also like:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Bars
Monster Cookie Dough Ice Cream
*gasp* NO YOU DIDN’T!!! this dip is totally amazing-it’s everythinggg!
Love everything about this dip! We will be making this for the Super Bowl!
I hope you loved it if you made it!