Vanilla ice cream loaded with monster cookie dough (peanut butter oatmeal cookie dough with M&Ms and chocolate chips!). You will enjoy cookie dough in every bite!
I think the deep freeze is over (said crossing fingers and knocking on wood). And in case it’s not obvious, I (and everyone else in the northeast) am more than ready. I’m ready for shorts, flip-flops (okay, I’d settle for being outside without a puffy coat), walks with L and warm weather food. I’m ready for ice cream, lots of it.
Okay, let’s be real. I’ve been eating ice cream all winter long. Maybe not quite as much ice cream as I ate last summer, but plenty still. The main difference is that I currently eat it with the heat turned up while wearing a massive sweatshirt and wool socks. Last week, when I remembered that I had some heavy cream about to expire, I was inspired to go churn up make some super easy and delicious ice cream once again. I asked on Facebook and Twitter what flavor I should make and Erin suggested monster cookie dough. Genius much?
Monster cookies are typically peanut butter oatmeal cookies loaded with M&Ms. How could that possibly be a bad thing? And what tastes good as a cookie almost always tastes better as cookie dough. So translated into ice cream we are in clear delicious territory. Not to mention that this ice cream really is LOADED with cookie dough. No searching with the spoon to find the little chunks (don’t pretend you don’t do that). Seriously, cookie dough in every bite.
- 16 fluid ounces (2 cups) heavy cream
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk (I used fat free, but any type would work)
- 15 milliliters (1 tablespoon) vanilla extract
- 1 recipe for oatmeal cookie dough (see below)
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer with whisk attachment, beat cream on high speed for several minutes, just until stiff peaks form
- While whipping cream, pour sweetened condensed milk into a separate large bowl and mix with vanilla
- Once cream is ready, fold it into sweetened condensed milk mixture; fold in cookie dough
- Pour ice cream into a regular-sized loaf pan
- Wrap well with seran warp or tin foil and freeze for 6 hours or overnight
- 65g (~1/4 cup) creamy peanut butter
- 14g (1 tablespoon) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 28 g (~2 tablespoons packed) light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 25g (~2 tablespoons) granulated sugar
- 5 milliliters / 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60g (~¾ cup) rolled oats
- ½g (¼ teaspoon) ground cinnamon
- ½g (1/8 teaspoon) salt
- 56g (~1/4 cup) mini M&Ms
- 53g (~1/4 cup) mini chocolate chips
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy; stir in vanilla
- Gradually stir in oats, cinnamon salt just until combined
- Stir in M&Ms and chocolate chips
- Set aside to make ice cream